Tot Sha-Purim Party!
Saturday, February 13 at 9:00 am
Did you know that for Purim it’s a mitzvah (traditional requirement) to be festive and rejoice? Let’s Zoom into a party on February 13 as we celebrate Shabbat and find all the fun in Purim together!
- Come in costume (extra credit for Purim characters) and be part of our musical Purim “parade” via Spotlight
- Invite your grandparents to join in the fun on Zoom. The bigger the party, the better! (And what grandparent doesn’t want to see those adorable grandchildren having fun in costume?)
- Shake your groggers (noisemakers) at the name of you-know-who! Here’s an idea for making your own shaker. Or use a musical instrument or grogger from past years. We can’t wait to see and hear you shake it up!
- Learn to make these awesome hamantaschen triangle treats at our cooking demo with Val Kerns and her sons, or make some to show us. Here’s the recipe. For traditional hamantaschen, click here.
- We’ll hear the Purim story, sing and dance and party down together!
- Finally, here’s an idea for a meaningful family project. You can fulfill the Purim mitzvah of giving to the poor with a family scavenger hunt for coins. Collect them, sort and count them together, and bring them to NVHC to be part of a donation to Cornerstones. There will be tzedakah boxes on the table outside NVHC for you to drop off your coins.
Check your NVHC email for the Zoom link. Not on our email list? Email us at email@example.com.