During the 49-day period after Passover, we count our days up to the receiving of Torah on Shavuot. Each day we reflect on our growth as human beings, anticipating the ways that Torah nurtures our minds and souls. This year, our Shavuot celebration (Thursday, May 28-Friday, May 29) will include:
- Thursday, 6:30pm: A Congregational video release on YouTube and live Facebook watch party for Confirmation, when our teens will teach us how Torah helps them grow in the world.
- Thursday, 7:15pm: A Zoom oneg after the watch party to celebrate with our Confirmands.
- We will begin the oneg together as a group and then will move into smaller groups to allow each Confirmand to celebrate with their friends and families. If you would like to celebrate a specific Confirmand, when you join the oneg, please make your name “Your name-Confirmand’s name;” for example “Joe Smith-Leah.” This will allow us to quickly and easily divide the groups.
- Thursday, 8:00pm: An evening Shavuot gathering and Torah reading of the Ten Commandments.
- Thursday evening: A fascinating series of study sessions led by Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion.
- Advanced registration is required through the link above.
- Thursday, 11:30pm: A late night Torah Talk with Rabbi Holzman
- Friday, 9:00am: A morning Yizkor memorial service
The links to these events will be in your daily email. If you do not receive the daily email or would like the links, please email us at email@example.com.