8:30pm Welcome Ritual and Explanation of Tikkun
9:00pm-12:00am What is this Wilderness?
- 9:00-9:30pm Finding our place and defining our terms
- 9:30-11:00pm Video Text Study–Unpacking Systemic Racism
- 11:00pm-12:00am Guided Introspection and Journaling
- Why is it challenging for white people to think about (and do something about) white privilege?
- How do you see societal issues like housing, poverty, economic status, and policing related to white privilege?
- In what ways have these videos, the slideshow and our opening resources thus far challenged your perceptions of systemic racism?
12:00-1:30am Our Sustenance for the Journey
- 12:00-12:30am The concept of Repentance in Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- 12:30-1:30am Facing the Scripture: Sarah-Abraham-Hagar
1:30-4:00am In the Darkness of this Wilderness
- 1:30-2:00am A Service of Lament
- 2:00-2:20am The Horror in American Art and Song
- 2:20-2:30am Facing the Abyss–8:46 of Evil in the George Floyd killing
- 2:30-4:30am A partial list of the names of victims of police violence and American lynching.
4:00-5:30am The Path from Wilderness
- 4:00-4:30am Personal Reflection and Accountability, Developing an Action Plan
- 4:30-5:00am Making Change in Our Jewish Community
- 5:00-5:30am What do we want change to look like in Northern Virginia?
5:30-6:30am Closing ritual
- 5:30am Personal preparation or travel to NVHC
- 6:00am Sounding of the Shofar and Traditional Ring Shout Reading and Dance (all participants will be asked to stay in cars, watch on phones and listen through cracked windows).